Wednesday, September 1, 2010

day three

I just had my first online iChat with Julien a few minutes ago. It was 12pm here and 9pm over there. It seems bizarre that he's getting ready to sleep and my day is only half over. It really seems to heighten the differences in lives we're having right now. It was so good to see him and talk to him. I was worried it would be awkward, or even painful, to talk over the computer without being able to physically be together ... but surprisingly it was really nice.
I'm hoping this separation will add an extra depth to our relationship that we haven't had before ... it almost feels like we're just starting to date and we're flirting via email and online chatting. Neither of us wanted to be the first to hang up/disconnect/say goodbye. I ended up being the first because I knew he wouldn't ... plus he had some pasta waiting for him and I didn't want it to get cold.
I miss him already. Sigh ... only five months and 29 days to go.

love in miles,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. If you think about this as a challenge to overcome instead of a strain on the relationship it might give you a little perspective. Thinking about whether or not a relationship can survive distance is a strange way to frame it. I say, what if one of you became seriously ill. Would you even consider whether or not the relationship would survive something like that?

    You also have a timer counting down. It could be indefinite. There's lots of reasons to be optimistic at this point I think.

    ReplyDelete